Advertisements

This is me.

I’m supposed to be writing a blog about myself. An introduction blog… I am not really sure where to start.  I like pina-coladas, and getting caught in the rain.  I’ve run a few marathons, climbed a few mountains, and been privileged enough to spend time in about a dozen countries.  I’ve learned to do some insane things I never thought I’d do.  I’ve loved big, and cried big. I’ve fallen and gotten back up too many times to count. I plan to use up my whole life, being truly alive, and aware, and in gratitude for the gift of it all. They say ladies don’t ever tell their age, but why??  You tell your age and someone says “Oh gosh I thought you were way older!”?  At least then you’d KNOW and could get your ass to a Rite Aid for some wrinkle cream and a box of hair color. Just kidding I don’t buy wrinkle cream at Rite Aid.  I buy it on Amazon like regular people, but I digress.  Not telling your age is for grandma’s. Which I am not.  I’m 45 and mostly loving it, except that I can’t see worth a damn anymore.

I am a mom of two girls (my squirrels) who are my life and I will walk through any amount of fire necessary to ensure they grow up as smart and kind and well rounded as humans should be.  They are in to music and reading, and math is not their favorite thing in life. They love swimming, and dogs, and I make them eat vegetables and I speak to them as if they are small adults… and I pray everyday I don’t screw them up too much. Don’t all parents pray that? I set expectations for them and they generally follow what I ask. I am constantly in awe of them, and so excited to watch them grow, and just grateful for the opportunity to be their mama. I have been married 3 years to a very wonderful bald man whom I tease relentlessly about any number of topics, and he puts up with me. I suspect he shall grow tired of my antics at some point and I’ll find myself living in my parents basement wishing I hadn’t been such a smartass. Until then I’ll keep loving him fiercely.  I have made many mistakes in my life, choosing Steve was not one of them.  His competitiveness and corny jokes and snoring make me a better person. Plus, he needs me or he’d wear ugly shirts and white socks.

People have been telling me my whole life I should write. My folks, friends, teachers, professors, husband(s)… and I’ve always laughed and said ‘someday’.  I suppose someday has finally arrived.  But here’s the thing: what if I suck at this?  It will be a closed chapter and it won’t be my fall back plan anymore.  So…. there’s that. Taking the leap of faith to make a living by WRITING??? That’s scarier to me than infertility, divorce, training for a marathon, melanoma, childbirth, dating as a single mom, starting a small company, dealing with droopy boobs, spider veins, and trying to find the marshmallows in a grocery store… COMBINED. Way scarier. It’s by far the most terrifying thing I’ve ever done. Ever. Opening all your windows and closets and vulnerabilities to the world and offer to be judged? Have I lost my mind?  Yes, a little.

For now… hi there. I’m Beverly.  Thanks for stopping by.

Advertisements

28 thoughts on “This is me.”

1. Ruchi says:

Love you, Beverly! Good first post. I’ll keep reading. So at least you have one follower.🤣🤣😃 I’m kidding. You will do great! ❤️❤️

1. Thanks Ru! I need the one follower, lol. We gotta start somewhere and I’m so glad you are first. Love to the fam & Niti too.

2. Dottie Wilson says:

Follow your dreams and passions. Be afraid-it is good for us because it forces us to WANT to see the light. I am proud of you and I can’t believe you are fourth-four! You are still just as beautiful as always. I will be watching for your blog. Sending much love.

Dottie Wilson

1. Thank you Dottie! I can’t believe I am 44 either! Thank you so much for reading and for your kind comment. Hello to Bristol & the fam.

3. BJ says:

Hi Beverly! I’m a friend of your mom’s and I think your blog is WONDERFUL and I look forward to reading more. Your writing has so much soul and I love it!

1. Happiest tears right now. Thank you SO much for the kind words.

4. Kenya Torrence says:

Hello Beverly. I must say you surely have soul in your words. That alone is surely going to catch the attention of many readers as it has mine. I’ve always admired you & your awesome family, now just even more. I absolutely look forward to what’s next & thank you so much for sharing. YOU SO ROCK!!!

1. Thank you Kenya! That means so much to me. You are the sweetest, and a strong mama. Hugs to you and little Ashton.

5. Cathy Helms says:

Beverly, well done! You have been through a lot and come out stronger each time. Now it is time to drag others with you! I am a follower.

1. Thank you Cathy! I so appreciate it!

6. Sherrie says:

Glad to see you stepping out and pursuing your dreams!

1. Thank you Sherrie! When you FINALLY COME HOME come see me. Feels like you’ve been gone all summer!

7. Katie says:

Love you Beverly! I can’t wait to read more!!!

1. Thank you Katie! Will post again soon. (I mean, as soon as it’s in my feels again. lol)

8. Shelly says:

I look forward to continuing to read your blog. I love BRAVE!

1. Thank you Shelly!!

9. Maria says:

Great job Beverly!

1. Thank you Maria!! Hugs to you and the fam.

10. Kerri says:

So good!!! I love it! Can’t wait to read more!!

1. Thank you Kerri!

11. Diane Henning says:

You are amazing. I do hope that you will do a fun fiction story someday. I just think your writing leands itself to that. You are funny, brilliant and amazing. I can’t wait to buy your first novel and a New York Times best seller I’m sure.

1. Honestly, this day, this comment… it’s all just so surreal and I feel like I’m just having an Oprah moment. Thank you so much Diane. Truly.

12. Amy says:

I have always loved you! Loved this post and I will definitely follow!

1. Thank you Amy! That means so much! Hope you are doing well. I really need to get up to Raleigh.

13. pantherfreak says:

Hi Beverly!

We, uh, went to high school together back in the stone ages. 😉

Just wanted to say your blog rocks and I wished I had gotten to know you more then because as awesome as I thought you were then (when I wasn’t being chased by your dad with a whip), you are an ultra supreme rock star now!

Keep up the great work! 🙂

1. Wow! Thank you so much! I’m assuming this is Mike, since the whip story lives in infamy. I appreciate your kind words. Thank you!

14. Hi Sweet Niece– I love your blog! I’m a follower. I thought I commented earlier but it didn’t go through. You have a wonderful way with words and story telling. Please continue to share. You are sending out sunshine for all of us. Love you, Aunt Bev

1. Two Squirrels Vegan says:

Thank you so much! I so appreciate your reading my randomness!